EERI offers a variety of membership types for both individuals and organizations. Find out which one is right for you!
Please note that only Regular Members, Young Professional, Retired, and Honorary Members have voting privileges.
Individual Level Memberships
- Regular Membership
- Yearly dues are $250.00. Regular Members are entitled to vote in the yearly election of Board of Directors, to hold office, to serve on committees, and to actively participate in the Institute.
- Affiliate Membership
- Yearly dues are $166.00. This category of membership is available only to individuals in developing and less developed countries. Affiliate members have the same benefits and privileges as regular members except for the right to vote. For information, please contact the Membership Coordinator.
- e-Affiliate Membership
EERI is offering a new electronic category of international membership alled “E-Affiliate” for new members in identified developing countries only. The dues for this category are $25 per year. Its benefits include the ollowing:
- Access to the online Newsletter and Roster
- A pdf of a list of members broken down by state, country, and discipline
- Access to reconnaissance reports and selected relevant Spectra papers
(not to exceed two from any given issue), determined by an international
subcommittee and placed in the members-only section of the website
- Member rates for all conferences and meetings
- A certificate of EERI membership by e-mail.
This type of membership does not include voting rights. It is being implemented
for a trial period until the end of 2011, at which time it will be evaluated by
the Board of Directors.
- Student Membership
- Yearly dues are $50.00. Applicants must be full-time college students working towards a degree, with a valid interest in the objectives of the Institute.
- E-Student Membership
- Yearly dues are $25.00. Same requirement as a regular Student Membership, but students receive only electronic access to the Newsletter and Earthquake Spectra. Student members will not receive other publications unless the costs are underwritten by outside funding sources.
- Young Professional Membership
- Yearly dues are $125 (half of Regular Member rate). Free to graduating EERI Student Members for their first year after graduation and $125 for years 2-5. Applicants must be employed for less than 5 years in their field. Like Regular Members, Young Professional Members are entitled to vote in the yearly election of the Board of Directors, to hold office, to serve on committees, and to actively participate in the Institute.
- Retired Membership
- Yearly dues are $125 (half of Regular Member rate). Applicants must have five or more years of EERI membership and be 65 or over.
Organization Level Memberships
- Institutional Membership
- Yearly dues are $500.00. This category provides an opportunity for libraries, universities, and private firms to receive a one-copy subscription to the same EERI publications that members receive, as well as reduced fees for one representative to attend Seminars, Annual Meetings, and Continuing Education Programs.
- Subscribing Membership
- Yearly dues for a Bronze Subscribing Membership are $3,000.00. EERI Subscribing Membership is an opportunity for companies and other organizations to publicly demonstrate their support for earthquake engineering and hazard mitigation. Applications will be subject to a vote of the Board of Directors. For information, please contact Sonya Hollenbeck.
- Three levels of Subscribing Membership have been added over and above the Bronze level:
Each level includes the Bronze Subscribing Member dues which will be allocated to the General Fund. Funds over that amount will be allocated to whatever programs designated by the donor, else put into the unrestricted Endowment Fund. Each year the Board will determine the dues for each level.
- Platinum, $15,000
- Gold, $10,000
- Silver, $5,000
- Subscribing Members receive special recognition and privileges:
- We highlight the names of this select group in each issue of Earthquake Spectra and list Subscribing Members in the Membership Roster.
- We provide an exclusive opportunity for Subscribing Members to exhibit at EERI Annual Meetings and to receive exhibit space at all specialty and national conferences.
- As a Subscribing Member, your organization is entitled to receive up to three copies of the monthly Newsletter, the quarterly journal Earthquake Spectra, the annual Membership Roster, and any miscellaneous publications sent to members.
- Subscribing Members receive complimentary registrations to EERI Technical Seminars, based on level of membership. Bronze level members receive one free registration, Silver level, two, Gold level, three and Platinum level, five.
- A Member Profile, showing your logo and describing your organization’s purpose, staff, and involvement, is provided within EERI’s web site with a link to your own web site if desired.
- Each new Subscribing Member is presented with a handsome, engraved perpetual plaque at the Annual Meeting, during a special reception in honor of Subscribing Members.
- Each year the Board of Directors demonstrates its appreciation at this private reception by providing Subscribing Members with an engraved brass plate that attaches to their perpetual plaque.
- Subscribing Members have the opportunity to run, free of charge, short announcements of job openings in the EERI monthly Newsletter and on our website.
- EERI's mailing list is now available to its subscribing members for a nominal fee. EERI’s mailing list can be used by subscribing members to announce products and services to the entire membership or a portion thereof.
- Exclusive opportunities to meet with members of EERI reconnaissance teams.
- Preferential access to students seeking employment. Subscribing Members will be informed by e-mail of the availability of younger members’ resumes a week earlier than other members.
- The ability to contribute directly to programs of your choice through the reorganization of the Institute’s Endowment program.