The application deadline has been extended for the 2023 Younger Member Award! Click here to apply. The application deadline is now July 24, 2022 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
The EERI Younger Member Award is awarded to recognize early-career members of the Institute who have made outstanding contributions to the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute and the pursuit of its objectives in the early stages of their career – especially contributions that have improved opportunities for and increased the impact of younger members within the Institute. Recipients will receive a framed citation and reimbursement of costs for attendance to receive the award at the Annual Meeting of the Institute.
To be eligible for this award, candidates must be a Young Professional EERI member in good standing.
Application and Selection Procedures
- Applications shall be requested from the membership via the EERI Pulse Newsletter. Applications can be submitted starting May 1 of each year. The nomination period will be about 1 month long.
- All applications shall be submitted via an online form.
- Candidates shall be reviewed and selected annually by the Honors Committee for recommendation in confidence to the Board of Directors.
- Conflict of interest and bias in the selection of awardees shall be avoided with the utmost of care. Applicants for any of the awards that are also serving as members of the Board of Directors, the Honors Committee, or the Editorial Board for Spectra, shall be precluded from all deliberations concerning the selection of candidates for the award for which they have been nominated. Should preclusion of a Board Member or Committee Chair be required, Board and Committee activities required to nominate and select candidates for the award shall be chaired by an ad hoc chairperson selected by other members of the Board or committee. All oral and written deliberations concerning selection of the ad hoc chairperson and candidates for the corresponding award shall be kept in the strictest of confidence from award nominees.
- Written justifications for one nominee and one alternate may be recommended to the Board each calendar year. Citations for each candidate will be prepared prior to consideration by the Board by members of the Honors Committee. If no candidates are recommended by the Honors Committee, the Board should be so notified in writing.
- The recipient shall be notified prior to the Annual Meeting by the President of the Institute.
- The award shall be announced and presented at the EERI Annual Meeting.
- The award, together with pictures of the recipient, shall be announced in the Newsletter.
- The recipient shall receive
- a framed citation
- travel expenses and registration fee for the EERI Annual Meeting