EERI Public Policy and Advocacy Committee (PPA)
EERI’s Public Policy and Advocacy Committee seeks to take proactive leadership for earthquake engineering and seismic safety legislation by working with like-minded organizations to raise awareness and to generate momentum with our broader member base in engaging with local government and developing relationships with our lawmakers to improve earthquake resilience.
Toward this aim, the PPA works on behalf of the EERI Board of Directors to:
- Craft Institute policy positions.
- Reviews significant state and federal policy initiatives regarding seismic safety.
- Host forums and activities at EERI Annual Meetings to discuss public policy issues related to seismic safety.
To effectively review state policy and legislative initiatives, the PPA has formed a California Legislative Subcommittee and also works with EERI Regional Chapter leaders to advocate for progressive and effective policy actions to achieve earthquake resilience in communities worldwide. The Committee encourages the development of additional legislative subcommittees in any of its member states or regions.
- Anna Lang, PPA Co-Chair
- Fred Turner, PPA Co-Chair
- Erin Sibley, PPA Secretariat
EERI PPA California Legislative Subcommittee
PPA Legislative Subcommittees are assigned to address legislative activities within a specific jurisdiction or region, in an effort to forge a consensus and speak with a common voice to public forums and legislative bodies on behalf of the diverse risk management community.
The EERI PPA California Legislative Subcommittee was established to track legislative activities in the state of California and advise upon specific actions and positions for EERI. The committee tracks, analyses, reviews, and makes recommendations pertaining to State and/or local legislation relating to EERI’s mission and vision.
- John Parrish, California Legislative Subcommittee Co-Chair
- Anna Lang, California Legislative Subcommittee Co-Chair
- Zoe Yin, California Legislative Subcommittee Secretariat
Join EERI Policy Network Mailing List
The EERI Policy Network email list has been set up for the purpose to foster effective communication and information sharing that contributes to the ongoing discussion of relevant public policy issues.
If you are interested in being involved with the Public Policy & Advocacy Committee and engaging with the broader seismic safety and public policy community, you are welcome to subscribe to the EERI Policy Network mailing list.
Before you do so, please read the mailing list’s code of conduct, listed below. These codes have been established to help users make the most out of the group while limiting spam and misuse.
Code of Conduct
1. Please use this mailing list to share timely updates and opportunities related to public policy with members and participate in discussions to make this e-mail list productive and useful.
2. If your message is directed at just one or two members of the group, kindly take the matter off the list, and email them directly.
3. Please be polite and respectful in all of your conversations and make sure not to spam the list with unnecessary emails.