At every stage of your career, we provide you with the resources and connections you need to succeed and make an impact. All membership levels, except student, run the calendar year. Click here to join EERI today!
- Access a community of 3,000 members from diverse disciplines, where you can turn to for ideas, problem-solving, and new opportunities. Find and connect with fellow EERI members based on region and discipline in our online directory.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in earthquake engineering practice, codes and regulations, public policy, and investigation reports with a full-access subscription to our prestigious scientific journal, Earthquake Spectra — published four times a year, with extra special edition issues.
- Broaden your technical expertise by gaining exclusive discounted rates to the EERI Annual Meeting and our growing portfolio of seminars, webinars, and other professional development opportunities.
- Subscription to our bi-weekly e-newsletter, Pulse, to keep you up-to-date with what’s happening in the field, filled with timely information on recent earthquakes, new publications, conferences, news of the profession, job opportunities, and more.
- Opportunities to shape EERI’s impact and enhance your leadership skills. Join, and even lead, one of our committees, such as Learning from Earthquakes, Public Policy and Advocacy, and School Earthquake Safety Initiative.
- Opportunities to make a major impact where you live and work by leading and participating in a Regional Chapter. Play an essential role in serving your local community’s needs, while networking with others in the field.
- For early-career members, grow your professional identity through dedicated programs. Gain valuable experience through a post-graduate internship with EERI, Housner Fellows Program, LFE Travel Study Program, Virtual Earthquake Reconnaissance Team (VERT), mentoring for the Seismic Design Competition, and more.
- For students, EERI has more than 80 student chapters around the world, providing you with the opportunity to connect, learn, and take on leadership roles.
Regular Membership Yearly dues are $250.
Young Professional Membership Yearly dues are $125. EERI Young Professional members are those who are employed for five or fewer years in their field.
Retired Membership Yearly dues are $125. Applicants must have five or more continuous years of EERI membership and be 65 or over.
Affiliate Membership Yearly dues are $50. This category of membership is available only to individuals who live in developing and less developed countries (click here for a list of countries). Affiliate members have the same benefits and privileges as regular members except for the right to vote and hold office.
Student Membership Yearly dues are $20. Applicants must be full-time college students working toward a degree aligned with the mission and goals of EERI. Graduating students are eligible to renew for one free year of EERI Young Professional membership.
SSA Affiliate Membership EERI members may also add an SSA Affiliate Membership for an additional $85 per year. SSA Affiliate Members receive online access to Seismological Research Letters (SRL) and inclusion in/access to the SSA membership roster. EERI members seeking full benefits of SSA membership will need to join SSA directly as a full member. For more information on SSA membership, please click here.
Please note that only Regular, Young Professional, Retired, Honorary, and Subscribing Member Representatives have voting privileges.