16 great reasons to join the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
(18 if you’re a student !)
- EERI is the principal national society in the U.S. for earthquake professionals. EERI’s members are dedicated to reducing earthquake risk by staying on top of the latest scientific and engineering advances, better understanding the social and economic impacts of earthquakes, and serving as advocates for seismic safety.
- Our 2,500 members come from nearly every state in the nation and 60 foreign countries and include the world’s leading engineers and earth scientists, architects and urban planners, and experts in the policy and social sciences. EERI members come from all areas of professional practice, government, and academia.
- EERI works to keep earthquake policy issues on the front burner and to press for more support for research and implementation. EERI’s advocacy activities and high-profile national conferences have opened the doors of influential members of congress and federal agencies to concerns about seismic research and practice.
EERI provides members with many ways to stay on top of the latest research and professional developments. EERI members receive:
|Earthquake Spectra, EERI’s prestigious quarterly peer-reviewed journal, containing professional papers that bear directly on the practice of earthquake engineering and related disciplines|
|The monthly EERI Newsletter, filled with timely information on recent earthquakes, new publications, conferences, and news of the profession|
|The Membership Roster, an invaluable sourcebook of professionals in the field|
- Latest information about recent earthquakes and post earthquake reconnaissance reports on the Learning from Earthquakes Program website
- Access to the resources of the World Housing Encyclopedia: http://www.world-housing.net/
- Technical publications: monographs, oral histories, and specialty reports
- As if that weren’t enough incentive to sign up as a Young Professional Member, graduating EERI Student Members get their first year of membership absolutely free! Dues for the next four years are the full Young Professional rate, which is still a bargain at just half of regular member dues.
EERI offers reduced member-only fees to meetings, national and specialty conferences, and technical seminars.
- EERI’s technical seminars bring the latest in cutting-edge research to those in practice. Recent seminars have focused on seismic performance of existing concrete construction and issues in geotechnical engineering of importance to practicing geotechnical and structural engineers.
- EERI members are now able to download videos of each of the live presentations from these seminars through a new online video website: https://www.eeri.org/cds_publications/catalog/.
- EERI members receive substantial price reductions on these technical videos.
- EERI members receive significant member-only discounts on materials in the Online EERI store, and on registration fees for technical seminars, meetings, and conferences.
- EERI’s committees and student and regional chapters provide immediate opportunities to apply your knowledge and skills to make the world a safer place.
- Advance information and reduced fees for Seminars, Annual Meetings and Continuing Education programs
- The opportunity to participate in technical committees and projects
Please join us today to stay on top of the latest developments in research and practice, and share your knowledge and expertise to help reduce earthquake risk throughout the world!