The Seattle Fault Earthquake Scenario created a unique opportunity to draw on the knowledge and advice of many of the region’s experts in the fields of earth and life sciences, earthquake engineering, planning and emergency management. The multi-disciplinary team developed a broad, unbiased look at the Puget Sound region’s and the State of Washington’s vulnerability to one of their top earthquake threats-the Seattle Fault.
This scenario is just the beginning of the effort to reinvigorate and continue to improve Washington’s resilience to earthquakes and other hazards that could lead to disasters.
- Introductions — Comartin
- Introductions — Ballantyne
- Ch 1 Scenario Earthquake — Weaver
- Ch 2 Ground Failure — Chang
- Ch 3 Lifelines — Ballantyne
- Ch 4 Transportation — MacRae
- Ch 5 Buildings — Pierepiekarz
- Ch 6 Essential Facilities — Bartoletti
- Ch 7 Economic Impacts — Meszaros
- Ch 8 Response and Recovery — Stewart
- Ch 9 Call to Action — Swenson
- Closing Remarks — Mullen